Here’s a recipe to use when you can’t decide between hummus and guacamole from marthastewart.com. Both delicious and good for you! Pair this awesome dip with black bean chips and salsa for an amazing snack.
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, cilantro, garlic, and avocado. Process until finely chopped. With machine running, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, then add lemon juice, and then add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges and tortilla chips.