Cucumber Onion Salad is a classic summer side dish.
This is a family-favorite that is perfect for many occasions as well as just for snacking.
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- Half onion, red or white
- 1/2 cup vinegar (I like to used garlic infused rice vinegar)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup water
- Place cucumber slices into a large bowl. Cut onions into long strips and add to the bowl.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic, and water. Mix well and pour over cucumber and onions. Cover and store in refrigerator for at least 1 hrs before serving.